Wednesday, September 23, 2009

i get by with a little help

i'm hurtling toward the holiday show season at a pace i had never imagined i could maintain. but with the bean off to school in the mornings, and the little guy being bored into sleep by the sounds of me cutting felt, i'm actually getting things done. no matter how freeing working for yourself is, as anyone who has ever been self-employed can tell you, it is the hardest work you will ever do. i'm pretty sure there is more caffiene than oxygen running through my veins, and my side of the bed has hardly had a dent in it over the last few weeks. but i will get through!

when exhaustion collides with stress, which for me is mostly over having too many ideas of new work and not being able to convince my darling children that they will be happier if they sleep more, often i have to cry for help. luckily, my BEST friends helped picked up my slack for the street team, my mom came over to help me pack and price an entire rubbermaid container of work (woohoo!), mr. bean has been dutifully pricing work and repairing displays, and my sweet friend jill brought me a little handmade finery, a beautiful necklace from pressed glass and silver. and really, not to sound shallow, but jewelry and shoes will always cheer me up.

and crafty bastards, which i am beyond excited about, is next weekend in dc. i'll be sharing booth 3 with my good friend shannon, from sweet pepita, and will be among some of the most amazing crafty talent around. so keep watching, i'll be posting some previews of my new work, soon! if i can stay awake.

3 comments:

Designs by Leslie said...

The only thing better than getting the support you need is appreciating. I'm glad you have such caring people around you!

Fall 2011 said...

yay for friends!

C. said...

I have that necklace! I bought it at the Double Dutch trunk show two years ago. I love it!!!